Italian for the word ‘love’—Amore will be a literary platform, in which we aim to express the feeling of great affection, and not just love.
Blue Rose Publishers presents a thrilling anthology of love, affection, and heartbreak. The concept of ‘Amore’ is to provide a unique publication to all the budding writers who want their words to be heard by people.
So, here’s your chance! Participate in our short romance story writing contest and let your stories of love and passion enthral readers all over the globe. Come show the world the true meaning of love and send us your story!
To participate, go bonkers with your creativity and write a short love story one has never seen. Feel free to put your twists and turns, and cliffhangers to it. Though, don’t forget to abide by the submission requirements (as given below).
• The entries shall only be written in English.
• The entries shall be submitted by 11:59 AM IST, March 14, 2018.
• The entries shall not have any trademarked characters or names.
• The entries shall be between 2500-3000 words.
• The stories need shall be emailed to participants and the subject line shall be “Amore by Blue Rose”.
• Romance has to be the genre or the sub-genre of the story.
• The story should be non-explicit.
• The story should be created entirely by the participant and shouldn’t be fanfiction.
From February 14, 2018, to March 14, 2018, the ones willing to participate will be required to email their submissions on to us for judging.
Judging phase (Judging Criteria)
25 eligible entries [in reference to the submission requirements] suitable for publication will be selected by our Editorial Team that will be published in the anthology Amore under the Hesten imprint by Blue Rose Publishers.
The stories will be selected by our Editorial team on the basis of:
(v) overall writing skills
Twenty-five prizes awarded will be consisting of:
(i) publication of the selected Story under the traditional imprint — Hesten, subject to the participant entering into a publishing agreement with Blue Rose Publishers in its Hesten imprint form
(ii) Three cash prizes of INR 1000, INR 750, and INR 500 to the top three submissions depending on the quality of the Story Submission
• The prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the company.
• No purchase or payment necessary for participation or to win the prizes. Any purchase will not increase or improve your chances of winning the prizes or selection for the anthology.
• Entries that do not comply with the submission requirements will be disqualified.
• Limit of one entry per person. Only the first entry will be counted if more than one is submitted.
• The 25 selected entries shall not be returned to the entrant.
• The submission should not be defamatory or libellous. The submission doesn’t contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred (including misogyny or misandry), harms against any group or individual, or promotes any discrimination against any race gender, religion, or nationality.
• The submission shouldn’t contain anything that is unlawful, in violation of the laws or regulation in any jurisdiction where the story is created.
• The story has not been previously exploited or published through traditional publishing and no rights to the story have been granted, pledged or assigned to any third party which would interfere with derogate from the rights granted to the Company hereunder.
• The contest is open only to anyone who at the time of entry is: (a) at least 13 years or older — if you are still a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, you represent and warrant that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to enter this contest. They have to read and agree with the official rules on your behalf; (b) a legal resident of their country
• The participants need to have an active email account to participate.
• The following are not eligible:
(i) employees of the company and its sponsors and their affiliates
(ii) all agencies entities and people engaged in the marketing and marketing and administration of the contest.
(iii) immediate family of any of the foregoing.
The term ‘immediate family’ means husband, wife, spouse, brother, sister, son or daughter or both.
• The company reserves the right in its sole discretion to immediately disqualify without notice, any and all stories that do not comply with the submission requirements set above.
• The stories shall not be returned to the entrants upon participation.
• No communication or correspondence will be exchanged except with the selected entrants.
• A potential winner may be required to provide the company with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potential winning story.