Sudarshan Kumar Saini , Ravindra Joshi & Dr. Carlos Rufin
Winning the Heartsby: Sudarshan Kumar Saini , Ravindra Joshi & Dr. Carlos Rufin
Of the 223 slums of Delhi, very few residents availed electricity legally.
The only resort was to win their hearts. This alone could make them register for legitimate electric connections and pay their dues. It was time for innovation to replace the conventional methods as Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited embraced ways to empower the slum dwellers and improve their lives. In return, it would win their trust and loyalty.
After successfully taming the other sets of subscribers, the giant electricity distributor had finally looked upon the small yet significant consumer base – the slum residents. The people at the bottom of the pyramid were most difficult to overcome. All good-old strategies had failed.
Would Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited succeed in reducing its losses from this impoverished segment? What would it do to penetrate into this section? Unfold their journey of challenges and achievements as you flip through the pages of this book.
Initiatives Implemented Successfully
- Post privatization; A different approach
- Slum cluster – third and toughest segment of consumers
- SCG – An innovative business model for Slums
- ABHA-Anchors of SCG; Training & Engaging Slum Women
- SCG Innovation Council; Slum Women Engaged in Innovation Council
- Building the capacity to pay- Skill development; Vocational Training Centers
- Shaping up the future of impoverished many through education
- Unleashing true potential of the weaker sex- Women Learning Centers
- Generation Next in the making- Education initiatives for children and youth
- Accidental Insurance Scheme for Slum Consumers
- Drug De-addiction Drive
- Mission: Efficient Complaint Management by Slum Women
- Safety and Energy Conservation Awards for Slum Houses
- Sanjeevani – Mobile Medicine Van for Slums
- Pay from your homes -Mobile Cash Van at Slums
- Celebrating the joy of gifting- Win while you pay for Slum Consumers
- RO Plant in Slum Clusters-Clean Water for the Poor
- SCG Cultural Club for Slum Talent
What TPDDL has done shows how powerful the impact can be for business and society when a company carefully thinks about uplifting the general living standards of the community it serves. Developing and executing such model is not easy, there are plenty of challenges along the way. It requires technical expertise and a sensitivity to the needs of the client population. It leads to the construction of a community led business model. It results in the creation of innovative social agents like the “Abha” network. It is hard work but when done well, the rewards are a win for the community and for the business as well. There are so many lessons to be learned from the work of Tata Power DDL in Winning the Heart to Improve the Life of Socially Deprived.
500 in stock
Publisher: BlueRose Publishers
Publish Date: 2020
Page Count: 200